Thursday, December 22, 2011

The end of 2011

"Life is difficult."

Always remember that. Nobody said it was gonna be easy. And after acknowledging this fact, we will all be able to live life with a lot lesser complains.

2011 is coming to an end. 22 years of my life has passed me by. That's a long time. I guess I only have around 40 years or lesser number of years left on Earth. I've always asked myself, what's the point of me being alive? In this short 40 years, what can I do to change the world at least by a little, to show that there really was a point in me being alive? I guess these questions are up to individuals to answer. There's no single correct answer for it. Maybe the point of us being alive, is to help everyone around us live their lives a little better.

This past year has taught me a lot. I think it's the year my life started to really be in my own hands. I was in complete control of what I spend every minute and second of my life doing. I admit I didn't make good decisions. In fact I often regret the decisions I've made. I make the same mistakes over and over again, until I start to learn it the hard way.

I need my life to be a lot closer to what I want it to be. I need to focus more on what really matters. I don't think fun is really that important to me anymore. Yes I will still be having a little fun, but I need to do things that are a lot more meaningful. Like, volunteer on a regular basis, go backpacking more often. Drink and party a lot lesser. Write more. Play more music. Read more. Spend more time with my family. Help them run more errands to make their lives more convenient. Study harder.

Be good. Learn to be more of a perfectionist. Live and let live.

I wanna say, at the end of 2012, that I've come a whole lot closer to living the type of life I want.

1 comment: