Friday, October 29, 2010

My last layover: Frankfurt, Germany





It was my last layover as a cabin crew of QR.

Some people say that Frankfurt cannot be compared to other cities in Germany like Munich, or Berlin, in terms of architecture, entertainment, etc. But I found beauty in it as well.

It was raining when we landed in the morning. Instead of sleeping, I had a wonderful breakfast buffet in the hotel and took a small walk. Went back to the extremely tiny hotel room and slept a little, then took a train to town. Met extremely helpful Germans who helped me find my way around Germany's slightly confusing transport system. They just came back from Spain. Would have asked them to join me for a nice drink if they weren't carrying extremely huge luggages.

Took quite a long walk from the central station... until I reached this area where people were playing life music. Bought potatoes, sausages and beer and sat down in a corner eating happily. Met a Hongkong guy who was travelling around Europe for a month or so. Then I went to another restaurant alone and ordered food just for the sake of spending more time in the city. It was way, way too cold.

The next day, I took an express train by mistake and ended up in a small town. Sat outdoors, looking at birds fly by, typing on my iPad, sipping cafe latte and eating a sandwich.

It was so good.

I knew that my wonderful lifestyle would be ending very soon but I was looking for more. & it was time to go and continue my search for that something extra in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment