Sunday, October 10, 2010

Letter for myself

Doha, Qatar
Autumn
11/10/2010

I am sitting in an Arabic cafe, smoking sheesha, eating great food and spending quality time with my amazing friends. In exactly 2 days, my journey in Doha is going to end. All good things come to an end, and I've got my happy ending. It is time for a new beginning. An even more awesome life.

Throughout my stay in Doha, I've met so many amazing people who taught me about life, love, friendship and myself. I've also been educated about language, culture and people. This experience will always be part of my life, a period of time when I will always look back and miss.

I've grown stronger, and I am going to return home as a changed person. In this 6 months Ive had the craziest fun, but at the same time I've also experinced infinite confusion and loneliness. But cracks in the heart are good, because they allow light to come in.

I have found a type of happiness that cannot be put into words.

As Elizabeth Gilbert said,

"Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it."

Moving away from a place where I've familiarized myself with is challenging, but sometimes it's change that allows transformation and growth. Doha has become my whole life, but now, I am finally returning to my real home.

Until then,
Me

2 comments:

  1. I did not know you are not with QR anymore...:( What made you resign? I was a Fan of yours, I am your Facebook friend too :) You looked good in Qatar Airways uniform! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you... Definitely leaving QR will not be the end of my flying career! :)

    ReplyDelete