Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Maldives









Maldives was paradise. It was a much needed vacation! I really didn't want to come back, just wanted to stay there and lie in the Sun all day and get all toasted...

One boat, one sunset, one deep blue ocean and one nostalgic Michael Jackson song later, I got all teary... I sat at the front deck and look as the boat drives on... I realised how lucky I was and how well I was living my life... & I was just there by chance. God is kind to me. It was so, so beautiful.

I thought of how life is like the ocean. Vast, deep, mysterious, with no bounderies... And how living life was like driving a boat. The ocean has no front or back... Just because we are driving forward it doesn't mean that we are actually progressing because there is no direction in the sea!

Once in a while we can put the boat on full speed and feel the strong wind hit us on our face. The feeling of adrenaline... But after some time you realised that you cannot hear well, have no lasting impression of anything you've seen... It's only when you slow down then you would hear the sound of the waves crashing against huge rocks and the beautiful sun that is setting right in front of you...

It is so much like life. When the pace is too fast, sometimes we forget to appreciate the small things in life that makes it so beautiful. But if it is slow all the time, it becomes boring.

Life should always have a balance of things and that's why God gave us ups and downs, pleasure and pain, love and hate... God has decided to put everything together so that nothing is lonely in this world. There are always opposites of everything and things that comes with other things. This is why nobody should grow old alone, we should all look for someone whom we want to spend our life with...

I wanna go back to Maldives...

No comments:

Post a Comment