Saturday, July 10, 2010

Moscow, Russia











I have been thinking about the meaning of travelling; what is it exactly? Does it involve taking a lot of photos and leaving yourself a bunch of memories afterwards, or would it be better to just walk along the streets and experience then and there?

I couldn't find an answer, because I find myself unable to explain what I've experienced when I leave the country without photos as evidence of myself having been there... Yet I never truly enjoy when I am taking photos all the time.

I think I'm a lone traveller. I can't stand it when I travel with other people because I can't truly be myself.

I want to stand by a random street stall and choose the perfect postcard to bring home with me as long as possible.

I want to tear when I see a group of musicians playing Canon In D along the streets without feeling embarrassed.

I want to sit on the steps, do nothing and just observe everyone walking by.

I want to eat the worse local food,

and then take the subway slowly back to the hotel...

I know everything sounds too idealistic.

I am TOO idealistic.

I need to stop myself and come back to Earth.

I'm addicted to this song after watching the British sitcom 'Coupling'. It's simply hilarious...



Off to play my guitar ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment