Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Stories of people I met while travelling I

Zurich, Switzerland

I was dining in an open restuarant when this man came over and borrowed a cigarette from me. He told me he wasn't feeling good because he didn't smoke for over an hour. I gave it to him.

He was 59. He told me his ex-wife, whom he divorced some 20 years ago, was dying, hence he was feeling really sad today. He shares 4 kids with her. She has a brain tumor and they found out too late. He wanted to get drunk but no matter how much he drinks, he never ever gets drunk.

He writes stories and poems in both German and English and gets them published in newspapers and stuff. He can speak 6 languages.

He wrote me a poem. This is how it goes.

A sandcorn will rise from the beach - one at a time.
The sandcorn is you - like a diamond!
What does a diamond do in our world?
Only to bring beauty, only to shine and give love.
The sandcorn is part of the windows of our hearts.
High airs carry birds and the sandcorn flies along.
When the sandcorn falls, it hits your heart.

And then we parted ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment