Monday, August 30, 2010

Life

stumbled across a random blog and I really liked what I read...

"... the feeling is like sipping your drink while watching people walk by
from the comforts of a cafe
and you made it a point to dress nicely to meet a friend

if you're not too picky almost any acquaintance will do
if s\he has an interesting story to tell
or has a good presence

the feeling's quite fleety
comparing our lives with intertwining ribbons
they coiled, knotted, tangled, and along the way they separated
now we're touching each other
and we look back at the tangles and laugh about it

i've lost my tendency to make deep friendships
most friends come and go and i have accepted that

suddenly when an old acquaintance strikes a conversation and chord
you feel closer to him/her than when you knew him/her before
but nothing has changed
it's just that sharing each other's nostalgia and memories draws each other closer

as i slowly trudge through my life
i look back and see that i actually was floating through
floating alongside other people
people whose lives rub, knot, entangle with yours
and then someone lets go
that's how it is ..."

http://cliffurd.blogspot.com

I think I have been suffering inside because I have been pampered since the day I was born... I am living alone, oceans apart from my family now, and of course, I have turned from an optimistic person to a really pessimistic one... Of course it would be easier to return to the comforts of my home where I don't really have to do anything; everything from head to toe was taken care of since young... Do I really want to give up this independence and this chance to grow up?

I've never worked a day in my life (the previous work I did never lasted...), and being here for 4 months, it's the longest time I ever worked, and as I continue being here, my heart starts to float away, as I learnt about the cruelty of human beings and the reality of life... But also, I am learning about life and how to live it, and most importantly I am discovering what I am made of... How much nonsense I could actually take from people and things around me and how strong I actually am.

Sure, life isn't perfect but that is what makes it beautiful... "Why do I keep hammering myself on the head? Because it feels so good when I stop." It's the bad things in life that allows the beautiful things to shine through... The bad times are the ones that make the small good times wonderful and those that make life worth living. Let's focus on the small good things in life like being able to cook myself a meal or sit peacefully along the streets sipping coffee/beer.

Let's all be happy but not show off.

I believe there are still good people around whom we can develop deep relationships with...

Till then...

Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment